


Saturday we traveled to Marshall, MO to Aunt Helen Staub's 100th bday party. Cousins from China, Texas, California and Belleville gathered to celebrate Aunt Helen. We sure had a great time catching up with the cousins!
Aunt Helen is still lively and lookin' good at 100 years. She received letters from Presidents Clinton, Bush and Bush on her many years. At her cake and ice cream reception today, a Missouri congressman presented a proclamation in her honor. Cool things to look forward to for those of you striving to live to 100!!
Aunt Helen's father's name was Theodore Staub and he went by "Theo." We were so glad to get a picture of Aunt Helen and our Theo together!!
Traveling with 2 children posed some new challenges for Chris and I. We are glad to be back home tonite and hoping to get better at family vacationing over time.
Tomorrow is my first day back to work. I am both nervous and excited! I am looking forward to getting into the spring swing of the garden center but I am hoping Ella and Theo have a good day at home. We have had 2 great weeks of being together. It has been hard for Ella to adjust to having a new brother at home but I do feel like we have made some progress. More soon!
1 comment:
um, and KOREA - a cousin from Korea, too! Sheesh!
That's ok, Theo - your Aunt Jo has your back!
Post a Comment