Today the kids and I took the Metrolink train to St. Louis to BLaur and Bobby’s stop. Ella is a veteran rider but I was anxious to see what Theo would think about riding the “choo-choo,” Well, I should have checked the Rams schedule first –this I now know! We were just about the only non-Rams travelers. Not only were we out of dress code, we were sporting a very bulky red wagon with two kids and fruit snacks to boot. I got a few blended looks of sympathy and resentment as my 4 wheels took up prime real estate!
After the game-travelers departed the train, the driver announced "Lady with the red wagon, please come forward. Please park your wagon behind my booth. Passengers, let the woman thru!!!" Talk about feeling like a spectacle, I was certainly a big one as I knocked the wheels of the wagon against the seats and caused quite a stir of luggage and people on my voyage to the front of the train.
We hopped off at Central West End eagerly and navigated the construction zone at the hospitals. Theo was thrilled to count 3 excavators in 1 block! Now this is some cool stuff when you are 2. Uncle Bobby and BLaur caught us a few blocks over and we headed back to their flat with some bagels. Matches, their superhero cat, entertained the kids for hours with his climbing, jumping and fetching skills (yes, he really fetches!).
Bobby cut off some of his hockey sticks to make them kid-sized. We decided not to make a bigger spectacle of ourselves by taking the sticks and the wagon back on the Metro but the kids had a ball with them. I know nothing about hockey but Bobby spotted some good handling skills in Ella. That a girl!
We hopped off at Central West End eagerly and navigated the construction zone at the hospitals. Theo was thrilled to count 3 excavators in 1 block! Now this is some cool stuff when you are 2. Uncle Bobby and BLaur caught us a few blocks over and we headed back to their flat with some bagels. Matches, their superhero cat, entertained the kids for hours with his climbing, jumping and fetching skills (yes, he really fetches!).
Bobby cut off some of his hockey sticks to make them kid-sized. We decided not to make a bigger spectacle of ourselves by taking the sticks and the wagon back on the Metro but the kids had a ball with them. I know nothing about hockey but Bobby spotted some good handling skills in Ella. That a girl!
Getting Gellato in the Central West End.
By the time we got back to the Metro to head home, Theo was sleeping like we all wish we still could – peacefully atop a purse and coat in a little red wagon. I would have taken a photo by my phone and camera were in designated pillow pockets at the time. By 5 minutes into the ride, I had 2 sleeping kids and many sympathetic looks of depressed Rams fans. All in all, a fun little adventure for the 3 of us and a great workout for me. Carrying 1 kid and pulling another up a zig zag ramp had me wishing I had parked at a flatter stop! An hour later, Theo remains asleep in his car seat in the garage. :)
Incidentally, as we enjoyed an overcast but pleasant day, Chris is on the road to Aspen in a bit of a snowstorm. His flight was cancelled to Aspen so he and his group are stuck road-tripping 5 hours to the lodge. I am so glad we are not encountering snow . . .. yet!
No comments:
Post a Comment