Monday, July 7, 2008

Happy Birthday America


I am probably the only person who cries on the 4th of July. . . . I just got to thinking how lucky I am to live in a country with freedom to choose how to build a family. I wouldn't want to imagine my life without Ella and Theo. These two babies born 1/2 the world away couldn't be any closer to my heart.


I feel so proud to be raising my children in this country where they can become Americans and yet we can still honor their heritage and history. Yes, we encountered much immigration red tape (and still more to come with readoption and post-placement visits.) However, the red tape melts away instantly when I look into the eyes of my beautiful children.


I am thankful to God for blessing us with 2 very special children. And thanks to the freedom of this land, we were able to grow our family. Happy Birthday America.

No comments: