Friday, October 31, 2008

Pocahontas and a Chubby Pumpkin

It was a long day of celebrating! Ella's Halloween party began at 11am. What a cute presentation of songs we had! Then Chris, Ella, Theo and I had a little lunch. Chris headed out to work the last haunted hayride of the season (woo hoo!).




After lunch we met up with cousins Gini and Nina for some belated bday shopping for Gina. After an eventful trip to the mall, we headed back to Aunt Peg's to get our costumes on. Shortly after 4:30pm we began the family go-around. We stopped at my moms, Grandma Sax's, Aunt KT's and finally the nursing home to see Grandma B.









After trick-or-treating by car and wagon, we headed to Aunt Sara's house to Trick-or-Treat around her neighborhood. Ella went with with Aunt Jodi and the rest of the kids while Theo and I stayed back to hang out at the house along with Amy and Aunt Peg.

Theo was completely enthrawled by a house a few doors down with strobe lights, smoke and scary music. He spent most of the night dancing to Thriller in the driveway of this house and I spent most of the night smiling at how cute and fun he was. The funny thing is, this is the same house that had Ella burying her head in Jodi's shoulder with fear!









All is all, Ella did very well. She has been scared of Halloween since we started talking about in the early part of the summer. I am glad she was able to enjoy some trick-or-treating in spite of her fear. Both kids passed out without a fuss tonite and now I am eyeing all the loot. We are all set for months of sugar-highs. But then again, isn't that what Halloween is all about?

No comments: