Thursday, April 16, 2009

House Update

Things have been moving very, very fast on the house project. Each time I go to post photos, I realize they are already obsolete so I don't post them! In general, we are amazed at house fast things are progressing. The walls & ceiling to the addition are being plastered today. Yesterday the patio was poured. Bricks are being stacked as I type and next week the flooring will be installed.

Our old kitchen is completely out (cabinets and appliances). We have set up our "cooking camp" in the basement. I am sure I will be getting good use out of my electric skillet and crockpot for the next month!!
Looking into the old kitchen from the addition, aqua splotch is where the frig was.


Standing in old kitchen, it will become the "bistro" with coffee equipment and tall top table. The old floor shows were the old walls of the kitchen were. The main part of the addition is one step down to the concrete slab. (Not pictured is our laundry and mudroom that attaches to the garage! WooHoo!)



Making grilled cheese in our basement.


Looking up the 1/2wall between the bistro and new kitchen.

Chris' office. Exposed brick used to be the outside wall to the garage.



We are very excited about how things are taking shape even though it is a bit inconvenient right now. All I can think about is how great this will all be when it is done. I don't think I have been this excited about something new since I was a child waiting for Christmas!!
Theo and Ella are enjoying the wide open spaces to play. Theo finds it perfect for "hoopa" or basketball as most of us call it! More soon.

No comments: