
Poor little Theo. It must have seemed like Groundhog Day the movie for him. We went to a blood lab again to redo the Lead Test (one came back high a couple weeks ago). This time we were sent to Cardinal Glennon in St. Louis since it is a children's hospital, his doctor thought the blood draw would be easier. Thankfully, Aunt Mary was working in ER today and we met up with her.
After 30 minutes and 3 unsuccessful sticks and twists by 3 different people, she suggested we try the ER. A wonderful nurse named Mary worked with Theo and found a vein in his leg. She put a warming pack on it and after a few seconds of twisting the needle around, the blood came! Yea! Finally! Thank you Aunt Mary for the moral support and the help today. I was a stressed mom and I am glad you were there.
Theo was a trooper. He cried this time but didn’t try to pull at the needles. We went home with a load of goodies including an orange popsicle, apple juice, graham crackers and 2 Nemo pens. Theo cheered up on the way home and tested his new pens in a notebook. He was soon back to his usual antics of scouting out large equipment on the highway and saying to me "Watch out mommy- big truck!" Perhaps he knows more about my driving record than I realize?!?!
Nonetheless, I am hopeful we are done with blood tests for a good while!
After 30 minutes and 3 unsuccessful sticks and twists by 3 different people, she suggested we try the ER. A wonderful nurse named Mary worked with Theo and found a vein in his leg. She put a warming pack on it and after a few seconds of twisting the needle around, the blood came! Yea! Finally! Thank you Aunt Mary for the moral support and the help today. I was a stressed mom and I am glad you were there.
Theo was a trooper. He cried this time but didn’t try to pull at the needles. We went home with a load of goodies including an orange popsicle, apple juice, graham crackers and 2 Nemo pens. Theo cheered up on the way home and tested his new pens in a notebook. He was soon back to his usual antics of scouting out large equipment on the highway and saying to me "Watch out mommy- big truck!" Perhaps he knows more about my driving record than I realize?!?!
Nonetheless, I am hopeful we are done with blood tests for a good while!
1 comment:
Poor little punkin! I hope he doesn't have to do that for a while for goodness sake. I can't imagine having to watch!
Post a Comment