Sunday, December 13, 2009

Princess and the (frightful) Frog

For more than 2 months, Ella has been asking when she can go see the new Disney Princess movie "Princess and the Frog." So, I had a plan:

5 tickets for Ella and friends + 5 kid snack packs + 1 borrowed SUV =
Priceless girls night out

The reality was this:
5 tickets for Ella and friends + 5 kid snack packs + 1 borrowed SUV - 1 upset Ella =
no movie memories of girls' night out for Ella

Ella made it to the theater with my mom and four of Ella's friends. However, the combination of promotional posters depicting the villan in Princess and the Frog and the organ music that preceeds movies at the Lincoln Theatre in Belleville, psyched our little Ella right out.

Dad and Theo came to the rescue and Ella left before the previews even began. Mom and I stayed with the 4 girls (Gini, Nina, Julia and Sophia) to watch the movie and administer snacks and potty breaks- four in all.

The music was enjoyable. However, the theme of the movie was not my favorite. The villans of the movie were involved in voodoo and witch doctors. I am actually glad Ella didnt stay for the movie. She would have been very scared of the shadows and voodoo parts which seemed to come up all too often.

Not my favorite Disney movie for sure. I was hoping to see more of the princess and less frog-time. I do not think this is a good movie for the typical princess crowd. I certainly wish I knew that prior to our girls night out!

1 comment:

Michelle Miller said...

I had to LOL when I read this post -- I can definitely relate!!! Carly was not a big fan - she did sit through the movie, but all the voodoo and witch doctor stuff was not what I expected ....especially from a DISNEY movie! Poor Ella -- if Carly had been there, I'm sure she would have marched right out of the theatre along with Ella! :o)