Friday, April 4, 2008

Update from LA

Special Report via Guest Blogger, Aunt Jo:

WOW! What an amazing experience! Theo, Angie and Grandma Jan are doing great and we had a wonderful visit for a couple of hours. The pictures speak for themselves, so on with the show!



























As you can see, Theo is just a really laid back little dude. He did great on the plane and was a delight to hang out with at the airport. He is a very curious little boy, very intent on looking at all of his surroundings and grabbing everything within his reach for closer inspection. We spent some time walking back and forth in the terminal and had a little snack in the cafe nearby.
By the time it was time to say goodbye,
Theo was wiped out and ready for a nice snooze just in time for the plane trip (it was 4am his time!)

However, little did we know there was a big surprise in store!


Chris and Big Sister, Ella, flew all the way from St. Louis just in time to catch up with the rest of the family for the flight back! It is only by shear luck that I accidentally ran into Chris and Ella as they were on their way in search of Angie. I had just dropped Angie, Theo and Janet off at the security post and was on my way out of the airport when I heard someone calling my name. And, there they were, Chris and Ella, standing in front of me. I pointed out where Angie and Janet were - in the upper section of the terminal, already in line for security. After some shouting and a call Chris made to Angie's cell phone, we got their attention and it was an ECSTATIC homecoming for the entire family.
I cannot tell you how wonderful it was to share this moment with them. (Luckily, I remembered I had a camera in my hand and was able to take a couple of movies and some photos.)
What a gorgeous FAMILY of FOUR they make!
So, get ready B-ville! ALL The Eckerts are coming HOME!
Reporting from LA - Peace, Out.
****ONE MORE UPDATE****
I almost forgot to give a shout out to Miss Ella on her Gotcha Day! Don't you just love when there are TWO family reunion anniversaries in the same day?
Happy Gotcha Day Ella! We love you!

3 comments:

Our Life As A Family said...

HOW AWESOME! I am so happy and was crying when I read Chris and Ella met you guys in LA!!!!!!!!!!!! How cool!

What a cute family of four!!!!

HAPPY HOMECOMING, HAPPY GOTCHYA DAY MISS ELLA!!

Love, The Paprocki Family

Michelle Miller said...

OMG --- how AWESOME that Chris and Ella met up with you in LA!!!! SOOOOOO COOL!!! Chris, you scored MAJOR points for that one. So wonderful to see the Eckert Family of FOUR!!!!!!!!!

Happy Forever Family Day!!!!!

Hugs,

Michelle

Tina Veal said...

OH MY! What a wonderful homecoming for all of you! I was enjoying the photos and then saw Chris and Ella and the tears just ran! What a wonderful Gotcha Day for all of you! Welcome Home Eckert family! So happy for you!